Pages

Thursday 9 November 2017

What makes a quality story?

As you may or may not know I want to be a  author. So i'm trying to learn what makes a quality story? So here is what i have learnt:

You must set the scene! it's important to let your audience know where your character is.
Vocabulary (Word choice) Instead of saying "I went to the park" say what the park is named, how you got there! Who you went with!! Here is my example "On the weekend (11th of november) i went to caudlands park with my best friend Anahera, We went in her mother's car." That's more interesting right? Also make sure it is spelt right. AND GRAMMAR! Grammar is a definite yes to a perfect story! Imagine reading a story like this: "I went to park with weekendeds." Like seriously. Thinking about it, Have interesting sentence starters like "WOOSH, Through the night sky soared Mr. Ravioli" And also think about your audience, Are they going to like abriefiations, Humor, Romance what do they like?

Ok so i sort of left you on a cliff hanger i don't really know but yeah, I learned a whole bunch this year and I hope you have aswell, Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment